Fred's feud

a little blog chronicling the journey...

8:42 AM

Day Twenty-Two

Posted by (^_^) ♥

October 22, 2009

Well, this week so far I haven't been to the gym once! And to be honest I am getting really good with the excuses. This week the excuses have been:

  • School - Monday and Tuesday nights
  • Impending mid-term exams that I need to study for (but that I haven't)
  • Putting in overtime at work because things have just gotten out of hand
  • And just plain old I'm too tired.
But tired or not, overtime or not, sick or not TONIGHT I AM GOING! Why? What changed you may ask...well, I actually had a bit of an "AHA!" moment yesterday when I heard a quote that really woke me up.

That quote was "I was worthless, until I decided I to be worth more." Now, I wasn't exactly worthless but I certainly felt like it. But nothing was going to change until I decided that I was worth putting the effort in for. Doing something FOR me, for the love OF me. So with that in mind I feel re-committed to changing my life.

But...

I'm NOT doing this for my family who think I'll be happier if I lose weight.
I'm NOT doing this for the people that called me fat all my life.
I'm NOT doing this because society tells me that being skinny is the way to be.

I'm going to do this because I need to be healthier.
I'm going to do this because I want to live a long life.
I'm going to do this because I deserve this.

I'M GOING TO DO THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ME!

0 comments:

Post a Comment